Cosmetic dentistry has helped numerous patients experience a smile renewal—even after years of coping with their smile imperfections. Cosmetic treatments can reduce the appearance of spaces between the teeth, change their color, smooth out ridges, and add stability. Find out how Dr. Hartej Sood, a dentist serving patients in Chicago, IL, can add vitality and newness to your smile.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
One specialty offered at many dentist offices is cosmetic dentistry. Its focus is on beautifying, restoring, recoloring, and rearranging the teeth so that the patient has a better-looking (and feeling) smile. Some patients only need a minor treatment, while others may require a full smile makeover. The demand for cosmetic dentistry has been strong since ancient times in human history when people tried to fix their smiles using stones, shells, and bones. Thankfully, the technology has advanced significantly since then.
When you visit your Chicago, IL, dentist for a cosmetic consultation, you’ll have an X-ray taken along with a visual examination of your smile. Based on this exam, which should only take about 30 minutes to an hour, Dr. Sood will recommend the best way to improve your smile. These are some of the most common treatments:
- Veneers, to cover imperfections.
- Crown Restorations, to secure and strengthen damaged teeth.
- Dental Implants, to replace missing or loose teeth.
- Dentures, to replace a full row of teeth.
- Gum Surgery, to reduce the appearance of a “gummy” smile.
- Invisalign Braces, to update the positioning of the teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry Has Many Benefits
Statistics published by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) shows that there’s a consistent demand for cosmetic procedures. If you’re still unsure if cosmetic dentistry is the right choice for you, consider these benefits:
- A nice smile can inspire you to be more social and improves your overall appearance.
- When your teeth are more favorably aligned and closely placed, they give you better support when chewing.
- Many cosmetic treatments are quick and easy. Some only require one relatively short dental visit.
Improve Your Smile
Take some time to explore the various benefits of having your Chicago, IL, dentist fix up your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Call (773) 327-0011 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sood today!