Do you want to improve your smile? Do you feel like you're too old to be wearing braces? Well, Dr. Hartej Sood understands how you feel, which is why he offers Invisalign at his Chicago, IL office.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is composed of custom-made clear aligners that are made to fit your upper and lower teeth. The aligners function the same way traditional braces work, by applying pressure on each tooth so that it moves into its proper position. Your Chicago dentist creates your custom aligners using a specialized computer software.
The clear plastic aligners are flexible and are great for if you need to straighten your teeth and don't want anyone to know you're wearing braces, unlike traditional metal braces. You do, however, need to keep them on for a minimum of 20 hours a day. You can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth or floss.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Oral Hygiene: Invisalign is a removable appliance, which means you will be able to clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you have traditional metal braces. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once.
- Discreet Look: Traditional metal braces are noticeable, especially if you're a teenager or an adult. Invisalign is transparent, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- No Dietary Deprivations: Traditional braces prevent you from eating your favorite foods, like taffy apples or corn, but that's not an issue with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want because the aligners you wear are removable.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are thin, flexible aligners that don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth, unlike metal braces.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection: If you have the habit of teeth-grinding or clenching habit, Invisalign can be used as a nightguard to protect your teeth.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Chicago, IL, dentist, then call his office today!