Posts for tag: invisalign
Cosmetic dentistry has helped numerous patients experience a smile renewal—even after years of coping with their smile imperfections. Cosmetic treatments can reduce the appearance of spaces between the teeth, change their color, smooth out ridges, and add stability. Find out how Dr. Hartej Sood, a dentist serving patients in Chicago, IL, can add vitality and newness to your smile.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
One specialty offered at many dentist offices is cosmetic dentistry. Its focus is on beautifying, restoring, recoloring, and rearranging the teeth so that the patient has a better-looking (and feeling) smile. Some patients only need a minor treatment, while others may require a full smile makeover. The demand for cosmetic dentistry has been strong since ancient times in human history when people tried to fix their smiles using stones, shells, and bones. Thankfully, the technology has advanced significantly since then.
When you visit your Chicago, IL, dentist for a cosmetic consultation, you’ll have an X-ray taken along with a visual examination of your smile. Based on this exam, which should only take about 30 minutes to an hour, Dr. Sood will recommend the best way to improve your smile. These are some of the most common treatments:
- Veneers, to cover imperfections.
- Crown Restorations, to secure and strengthen damaged teeth.
- Dental Implants, to replace missing or loose teeth.
- Dentures, to replace a full row of teeth.
- Gum Surgery, to reduce the appearance of a “gummy” smile.
- Invisalign Braces, to update the positioning of the teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry Has Many Benefits
Statistics published by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) shows that there’s a consistent demand for cosmetic procedures. If you’re still unsure if cosmetic dentistry is the right choice for you, consider these benefits:
- A nice smile can inspire you to be more social and improves your overall appearance.
- When your teeth are more favorably aligned and closely placed, they give you better support when chewing.
- Many cosmetic treatments are quick and easy. Some only require one relatively short dental visit.
Improve Your Smile
Take some time to explore the various benefits of having your Chicago, IL, dentist fix up your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Call (773) 327-0011 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sood today!
Invisalign is an innovative alternative to braces for straightening teeth. Instead of the hard brackets and wires associated with braces, Invisalign moves the teeth with soft aligner trays. Trays are custom made for each patient and can be removed, as needed, unlike traditional braces. Dr. Hartej Sood is your Lincoln Park, Chicago dentist for Invisalign.
What is Invisalign and How Does it Work?
Invisalign is a method for straightening the teeth with removable aligner trays worn over the top and bottom rows of teeth. A series of tray sets are custom made for each individual patient for a perfect fit. A new set of trays is provided every few weeks. The positioning of the teeth changes slightly with each new set of trays. The slight change in positioning is how the teeth gradually move into the desired final position. On average, most adults achieve a straighter smile after wearing Invisalign aligner trays for approximately 12 months.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers multiple advantages over other teeth straightening methods. The trays are made from a soft plastic material so they are comfortable to wear and there are no hard brackets or wires to poke and irritate the inside of the mouth. Additionally, the plastic material used to create the custom aligner trays is clear so they are not readily noticeable to others. Another advantage is that oral hygiene is easier since the trays can be removed to thoroughly brush and floss the teeth.
The soft aligner trays also provide protection against grinding or clenching for individuals who have a tendency to grind their teeth when sleeping or when stressed. Your Lincoln Park Invisalign dentist can help you decide if it is the right teeth straightening option for you. In summary, the advantages of Invisalign include:
- Provide protection
Straighten your smile easily and discreetly with Invisalign aligner trays. They are comfortable and can be conveniently removed when eating, as well as to brush and floss the teeth. For Invisalign in Lincoln Park, Chicago, schedule an appointment with Dr. Sood by calling the dental office at (773) 327-0011.
Do you want to improve your smile? Do you feel like you're too old to be wearing braces? Well, Dr. Hartej Sood understands how you feel, which is why he offers Invisalign at his Chicago, IL office.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is composed of custom-made clear aligners that are made to fit your upper and lower teeth. The aligners function the same way traditional braces work, by applying pressure on each tooth so that it moves into its proper position. Your Chicago dentist creates your custom aligners using a specialized computer software.
The clear plastic aligners are flexible and are great for if you need to straighten your teeth and don't want anyone to know you're wearing braces, unlike traditional metal braces. You do, however, need to keep them on for a minimum of 20 hours a day. You can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth or floss.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Oral Hygiene: Invisalign is a removable appliance, which means you will be able to clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you have traditional metal braces. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once.
- Discreet Look: Traditional metal braces are noticeable, especially if you're a teenager or an adult. Invisalign is transparent, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- No Dietary Deprivations: Traditional braces prevent you from eating your favorite foods, like taffy apples or corn, but that's not an issue with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want because the aligners you wear are removable.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are thin, flexible aligners that don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth, unlike metal braces.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection: If you have the habit of teeth-grinding or clenching habit, Invisalign can be used as a nightguard to protect your teeth.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Chicago, IL, dentist, then call his office today!